New York State lists new vaccination sites for 5-to-11-year-old children
Rochester, New York — On Saturday Governor Kathy Hochul announced that ten of New York State’s mass vaccination sites will now be administering COVID-19 vaccines to newly eligible 5-to-11-year-old children.
The following locations will be administering vaccines for 5-to-11-year-olds:
• The Great New York State Fair – Art and Home Center, Syracuse
• SUNY Old Westbury – Clark Athletic Center, Glen Head
• Crossgates Mall, Former Lord & Taylor Store – Upper Level, Albany
• Aqueduct Racetrack, South Ozone Park
• Rochester Educational Opportunity Center, Rochester
• Medgar Evers College, Brooklyn
• Bay Eden Senior Center, Bronx
• New York National Guard Armory, Yonkers
• SUNY Stony Brook, Stony Brook
• University at Buffalo South Campus, Buffalo
Parents and guardians are encouraged to contact their child’s pediatrician, family physician, health centers, pharmacies, or other providers for vaccination information and to schedule appointments.
Parents and guardians are also encouraged to visit the State’s new website, ny.gov/VaxForKids, for information, frequently asked questions, and new resources about the COVID-19 vaccine for children.
According to the CDC’s recommendation of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine for children in this age group, New York State’s Clinical Advisory Task Force endorsed the CDC recommendation and the state-issued guidance to providers. More than 50,000 New York children in this age group have received the first dose of the vaccine.