Connect with us

Local News

Firefighters respond to house fire in Batavia



Batavia, New York – Following a fire on Monday at Stafford Townline Road in Batavia, firefighters in that city were concerned that someone might be trapped inside a house.

When a kitchen fire became fully engaged, crews were called. The front and back of the house were both heavily on fire, according to the crews. They further claim that everyone managed to leave the building. Two dogs also exited in safety.

Authorities on fire think a propane furnace may have been involved.

“It looks like something that was near the kitchen but may have been in the basement, but caused the kitchen to become first involved,” said Genesee County Fire Coordinator Tim Yager. “Based on the damage of the house itself, we can see the location of the fire within the building, where the most damage is, but we’re still gonna keep looking.”

Nobody was harmed. Heavy machinery was brought in by the fire department to ensure the building’s security.