Chemung County, New York – The Chemung County Department of Public Works announced its full work program for the 2022 season, including bridge replacements, surface treatments, paving, and other projects.
2022’s DWP program will invest over $20.3 million in local infrastructure, according to Chemung County Executive Chriss Moss.
According to Moss, The County received more than $17.5 million from federal and state funding, and additional 2022 state highway funds will be used to offset the increased cost of materials and contracted services.
The County is reminding residents and drivers that these projects will likely create dust and noise. The County’s spray-patching truck will also make its way through the community to repair some of the winter’s potholes.
Drivers are also reminded to drive cautiously through work zones.
The full list of projects provided by the County Executive’s Office is below:
Bridge and Culvert Capital Improvements Program
1. Vargo Road Bridge Replacement – Work to begin late summer
2. CR35 Chambers Road Culvert Replacement – Work to begin early to mid-summer
3. CR52 Watercure Hill Road Culvert Replacement – Work to begin early to mid-summer
4. CR69 over Seeley Creek Bridge Rehabilitation – Bridge NY Project – Underway
5. CRO8 Bridge Federal Aid Project (Lowman Crossover Superstructure) – Complete Mid-June
Chip Seal Projects are scheduled for early to mid-summer.
1. CR10 South Corning Road – 1.2 miles
2. CR31 Mt Zoar Road – Timber Lane to end of County road – 1.5 miles
3. CR36 Dutch Hill Road – SR225 to Antes Road – 3.9 miles
4. CR55 Harris Hill Road – Glider Strip to SR352-2.2 miles
5. CR51 Lattabrook Road – 5.5 miles
6. CR77 Lattabrook Industrial Park Road -1.3 miles
7. CR78 Sagetown Road – 3.86 miles
8. Crack Sealing of various County roads – Currently Underway
Highway Paving and Resurfacing Program
These projects will be completed during the early spring and summer, according to the DPW.
1. CR04 Marsh Road – SR223 to CR23 (3.8 miles)
2. CR14 Swartwood Road – Both sections (0.8 miles)
3. CR18 Lenox Avenue (0.7 miles)
4. CR19 Fairview Avenue – CR65 to CR66 (0.31 miles)
5. CR21 Wygant Road – SR14 to NS Corp Railroad Crossing (0.18 miles)
6. CR24 Decker Road – SR223 to CR23 (1.25 miles)
7. CR39 E. 14th Street (0.22 miles)
8. CR55 Harris Hill Road – CR33 to Glider Strip (0.85 miles)
9. CR57 Hickory Grove Road – SR14 to CR17 (1.81 miles)
10. CR58 Oakwood Avenue – 0.67 miles
11. CR64 Big Flats-Corning Road – CR55 to CR82 (1.3 miles)
12. CR65 Lake Road – CR51 to County Milling Station (1.91 miles)
1. CR57-Hickory Grove Road – Drainage Project in northern section underway
2. HOST Connector Road Federal Aid Project Construction underway for 2023 completion
3. Traffic Signal Improvement Project – Phase I – Will be bid later this year
4. Pedestrian Safety Action Plan (PSAP) Projects – Will be bid later this year
5. North-South Bicycle Friendly Corridor – Roadway Improvements for bicycles. Design starts this year
6. William Street Parking Project – Project underway to create new diagonal parking for Sheriff’s Office vehicles
7. Bridge Design Projects – CR23 Dry Brook Road and Benjamin Road (2023 Construction)
8. Culvert Design Project – CR60 (2023 Construction)